Join us in the Banana Bread Bakeoff Challenge to support Feeding America! Head to our instagram feed to participate
For every loaf of banana bread baked and tagged with #foodwasteisbananas, we will make a $5 donation to Feeding America (up to $5,000). And because 37 million people face hunger in the U.S. today, we are also donating some Barnana goodies (made from upcycled bananas and plantains).
Since we are all already quarantine baking like crazy these days, we figured we may as well bake for good! If you're looking for a banana bread recipe to make the most out of your banana bunch check out our recipe below.
BEST BANANA BREAD Recipe by @lkadlec
You'll never need another banana bread recipe ever again!
SERVES: 10 YIELD: 1 loaf
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten (sub for vegans: 1 tbsp flax meal with 2.5 tbsp water per egg, let sit 5 minutes to hydrate)
- 3 bananas, finely crushed (for serious and extreme moisture try 4 bananas)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped chocolate Barnana bites (or any Barnana bites finely chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and crushed bananas.
- Combine well. Sift together flour, soda and salt.
- Add to creamed mixture.
- Add vanilla.
- Add chocolate Barnana bites.
- Mix just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour into a greased and floured loaf pan.
Bake at 350º for 50-55 minutes, check with a toothpick and cook a bit longer if needed!
***Pro-tip: when using dried fruit always dust with flour to avoid "sinking" to the bottom.